Thursday, November 17, 2005

Whew! It's over!!

Well, I've spent every wednesday noon hour since September sitting through lectures of my contemporaries' research proposals, or piles of crap as they are sometimes referred to. Yesterday it was my turn to share the crap with them. I wasn't nervous, but really excited for 1pm. After it was over and the crown wasn't just staring at me, but actually asking questions - good questions, I felt okay about it and no longer felt like puking. I'm definately not looking forward to my ext presentation. I haven't mastered the skill of picturing people naked or in their underwear, or whatever the hell else you're supposed to do. I just look right at them, and really concentrate on the people who are looking bored, so they'll feel uncomfortable!! How dare they not care about what I'm saying. I don't CARE if it's lunch time! I'm talking about MONKEYS for crying out loud!! Who doesn't love to hear about monkeys?? They can just sit there and at least pretend to like it, since I've sat through all their lectures on dirt, rocks, fish, and for Christ Sake SOIL CRUSTS! What the Hell is a soil crust? Everyone knows what a monkey is! Sorry.
I did find it interesting that there was enough restraint in the room that no one asked me whether the monkeys threw poop at me. That was nice of them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home