Sunday, December 18, 2005

Holiday Blues

So Christmas is next week, but wasn't it just Thanksgiving? I've lost a few days somewhere. I'm already wishing for new years. I just want this season to be over and I want to see flowers again! My driveway has been a solid sheet of ice for well over a month, making garbage day and checking the mail death-defying acts. (gravel driveway = hard to shovel). The cold is making my habit of smoking a real pain, pushing me closer to ridding myself of my vice - okay, so I know it's death in a stick, but whatever. The 4:30am mornings waiting for my carpool are a BITCH! I squat down outside my door drinking my coffee and waiting for the familiar whine of the old State-owned Jeep to pull up, wondering if my fingers will fall off before it arrives. You wonder why I don't wait inside? Yeah, I can't see the car if I do that. Four days a week I see my town only in the dark, and the weekends lately have been full of house sitting, cleaning, and making Christmas presents. Okay, so that's not too bad, but I need to get on with my thesis already, and this other stuff is just soo distracting! Mom's coming up here for Christmas, which will be fun, but we're staying at my friends house when they're gone, because her two dogs, my two cats, plus 3 people (my roommate will be here) is just too much for my little apartment.
I guess I'm just feeling a little lonely and unproductive, and I want to see the ground again, and to be able to go outsite with wet hair without the fear of it freezing and breaking off! Yes, it gets that cold here.
It'll be freaking hot here before I know it and then I'll bitch about being too fat for tank tops.. It's always greener, I guess!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home