Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Who's your Bitch?

So I'm really learning lessons of acadamia this week. In submitting an abstract to my thesis committee for a conference I have coming up, I receive a massacred version of what once was my lovely 150-word piece. Now its not only too long, but a shadow of what it once was. One person removed the hypotheses, then the next person asked where they were (my fault right?). Crap. Now I have to be all diplomatic in my response explaining that I didn't turn it into a steaming pile, they did. They also said I have to include them as authors (with the professor from China), even though this is my original writing and thesis data. I guess I've just learned a very valuable lesson. I am an intern at work and a grad student at school, so I'm two, two, two bitches in one! Who's your bitch? Me! Me! Yeah, I'll take your crap if it gets me a raise, an M.S. and some good recommendations. Yeah, and I'll do it with a smile.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lucy said...

There is a time for everything,
a season for every activity
under heaven. A time to be
born and a time to die. A
time to plant and a time to
harvest. A time to kill and
a time to heal. A time to
tear down and a time to
rebuild. A time to cry and
a time to laugh. A time to
grieve and a time to dance.
A time to scatter stones
and a time to gather stones.
A time to embrace and a
time to turn away. A time to
search and a time to lose.
A time to keep and a time to
throw away. A time to tear
and a time to mend. A time
to be quiet and a time to
speak up. A time to love
and a time to hate. A time
for war and a time for peace.

May this be
your time to laugh,
embrace & receive
personal peace,
Dr. Howdy

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home